Friday 30 December 2016

Review: Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask

This face mask is widely available at drugstores and supermarkets for around £1. I was lucky enough to receive this as part of a Christmas present from my thoughtful sister. My skin is normal with a tendency to dryness, especially in cold weather.
Garnier sell a separate Moisture Bomb Day Cream and this mask is apparently an intense hit of the same hydrating serum formula. It claims to "unmask smoother, bouncier, healthier looking skin in just 15 minutes". The packaging says this is suitable for all skin types, but I would say it is most suitable for dry, non-sensitive skin as it is fragranced and intensely hydrating.
The product has a light, fruity fragrance and is folded inside the foil packaging. The mask is completely saturated with heavy serum and quite tricky to unfold at first.
It is a generous size and gives plenty of coverage over the face.
You apply the mask with a thin, blue layer facing outwards and then peel that blue layer away, leaving the tissue mask on your skin.
The mask felt very cold and wet to begin with, and slid around as there was so much moisturising product in it.
After 8 minutes, a large amount of the serum had sunk into my skin, and the mask was more comfortable to keep on my face.
After 15 minutes the mask peeled off easily and left a good amount of moisturising product on my face which I rubbed in with my fingers. My skin felt extremely hydrated and fine lines around my eyes had been smoothed by the plumping action of the mask. It left a noticeable softness which lasted almost 24 hours.
30 minutes after removing the mask, I left my skin bare and applied mascara and lipbalm. The plumping and softening action of the serum left an impressive radiance and my face continued to feel smooth, as the mask left behind a protective layer of moisturisation.

After 5 hours (picture above), my skin still felt boosted and glowing. I had been outside on a cold day, and the residue of the mask had kept my face completely protected and hydrated. Extra tip: there was enough product left inside the foil wrapper for me to scoop out the next day and use as a thin layer of moisturiser.


Overall, this is a perfect, budget treat. On my skin, it performs as it claims to and I would recommend this for a delightful mini-pamper or pick-me-up, particularly if you find other face masks to be drying.

Thanks for reading,

highstreet_beauty

Snapchat: highstreet_b
Find this mask here: http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Moisture-Bomb-Tissue-Mask_1864094/

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad this work well for you. I found it too rich and scent too strong. Could I send you my spare ones?
    When I offered them to friends they thought because I didn't like it that it must be bad. I don't want to waste them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, yes thank you so much. I'll send you a DM on Twitter xx

      Delete
  2. I used this about a month ago but it was too Fragrance for me unfortunately. In saying that My skin is super sensitive and I have to be very careful. The reviews are very good though. I've been using the nugg masks recently and they work a treat on my skin. Great review. Hope you had a great New years x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you when I read on it "suitable for sensitive skin" but I thought the fragrance probably too much. I loved the moisturisation though. I haven't tried the Nugg ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Nugget ones are great. They come in a little pot and the cream is very comfortable to wear for the 15 minutes application x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely look into those as my skin has got drier over the past week in this cold weather xx

      Delete